LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE & COMPLEX LYMPHATIC THERAPY
Lymphatic drainage can be used for the following:
Manual lymphatic drainage is a very specific light massage technique to improve the activity of the lymph system. The lymph system is involved in immune functionality; and returns fluid, proteins, fats and metabolic waste from body tissues back to the blood.
The Mobile Joint offers services in Complex Lymphatic Therapy (Casley-Smith method), providing remedial lymphatic drainage, compression garment supply, low level laser therapy and home exercise programmes for clients with lymphoedema and related conditions. The Mobile Joint's lympheodema therapist, Ruth Horsfall, is a registered practitioner with the National Lymphoedema Practitioners Register.
- Treatment of lymphoedema: both primary lymphoedema, and secondary lymphoedema following removal of lymph nodes and damage to the lymphatic system from surgery and radiation therapy.
- Treatment of lipoedema
- Reducing oedema/fluid retention and bruising from injuries and surgery
- Reducing fluid retention from venous insufficiency
- Stimulation of immune function
- Reducing blood pressure
- Treatment of sinus conditions, ear & Eustachian tube conditions
- General relaxation and stress reduction
- Pain reduction
- Recovery from colds, flu, chest infections, glandular fever